Are you a people pleaser and usually just submissively let things pass, shrugging them off, even though it might tug on you on the inside? Do you “go with the flow” and try to be a “team player”?
Is This You?
Are you tired of being walked all over, not confident enough to speak up for yourself or make your dreams come true? You will be inside yourself your entire life. An important step in moving into greater self-esteem and self-confidence is to become aware of who you are, why you are here, what’s important to you, and what you want. It’s time to take a deeper journey into yourself to get ready to embrace the new changes you’re about to make.
Essential Things For Self-Confidence
There are many goals to increasing your self-confidence and self-esteem:
- you accept yourself
- you respect yourself
- you even love yourself
- you are able to deal with others in an effective and successful manner
The level of confidence in yourself and your sense of self-worth affect every part of your life:
- your success at work
- whether you reach your personal goals
- your relationships with family and friends
- your body image and health
- your mental attitude toward yourself and others
Your level of self-confidence can show up in many different ways: your behavior, what words you use, your body language, your tone of voice, the self-talk thoughts in your mind.
Low Self-Confidence vs. Healthy Self-Confidence
Low self-confidence and high self-confidence are two sides of the same coin. They both activate certain rules for living that either help you or hurt you. Look at the following chart of behaviors. Which thoughts or actions do you recognize in yourself and people around you?
|Low Self-Confident Behavior||High Self-Confident Behavior|
|Compare yourself negatively with others||Appreciate your positive qualities|
|Are anxious, stressed, and worried a lot||Feel capable to meet life's everyday challenges|
|Fear confrontation with others||Know the skill to explain the situation and request a change|
|Focus on your shortcomings in the past||Learn from past mistakes and look forward to future successes|
|Are shy to talk with others you don't know||Are happy and sure of yourself around others|
|Are easily overwhelmed by new or unknown responsibility||Are able to handle new information and responsibility easily|
Who do YOU choose to be? Is it finally time to learn how to be more confident?
Build Your True Self-Confidence and Feel Your Power
The good news is that you can learn self-confidence and self-esteem. You can turn your life around and feel great about yourself. Take the time to learn the skills of self-empowerment, and you’ll find it’s well worth the effort! I can help you in a variety of ways to gain the skills on how to be more confident.
Online Classes – I offer 3 online classes, all of which are 10 lessons. You will receive one lesson in your Inbox every three days, so you’ll receive the entire course over a month’s time. Each lesson has at least one assignment. I encourage you to email me your assignments, comments and questions, and I will answer each one.
- the essential tools to achieve strong family relationships
- how to create new friendships easily
- tips for holding quality conversations
- the four-part blueprint for confronting others assertively
- guidelines for using social media in a healthy manner
- how your self-talk can make you or break you
- how core beliefs run your life – for good or bad
- the best ways to deal with your fears
- 6 magic steps to transform your attitude
- how to nurture yourself with your self-talk through affirmations and guided visualizations
- secrets to choosing a career that fulfills you
- how to effectively interview for a job
- how to get out of the habit of being a perfectionist
- creating positive relationships with your co-workers
- foolproof ways to use assertiveness to request a raise
My Self-Esteem for Dummies book – I am the co-author of this 25-chapter book in the Dummies series with over 60 exercises so you can learn on a deep level the basic and advanced skills of how to be more confident
Personal coaching – I offer a free Empowerment Personal Coaching Session as well as 1-on-1 hour-long coaching sessions so you can grow quickly by converting your specific weak points into strong personal qualities
Read my Blog – Discover tips and guidelines on building your confident personality with my blog